Wednesday 11 November 2015

Location Scouting


- The look?
- Sound?
- Light?
- Time and distance?
- FOOD!
- Safe?
- Law for guns etc?
- Power?

For my music video I need several locations for both my performance and narrative scenes. The location can reflect how professional a music video is because the location is the foundations that the mise en scene is built upon. For each of these locations I will be asking myself the questions above. The location firstly has look right, this may sound obvious but I have to visit each one to look at the lighting capabilities structures there. This is because I want to avoid the problems I faced last year where it took hours upon hours to setup. Due to my shoots being less flexible because they are public places, I want to have a more organised and planned approach towards shooting my music video. Although I don't need sound in my music video because it's all being replaced by the song I would like to be able to hear the song playing so I can match it in post. The timing of the location is essential as well because it has to be easily available for long periods of time and not to far to get to. Although one location is two hours away I will make an effort to make the others closer. This is so we can re-shoot easily and get the shots we need without having to travel far. For example I will be filming in the community centre instead of renting a studio because it's more flexible and I got it for free for five hours. The safety of my crew is essential especially if I am filming in a military base. This is because we did't have permission to film there because they did't reply so I took it as a yes meaning we had to sneak around the military. Furthermore the base did't have power so I had to buy battery powered L.E.D. lights to avoid digital noise and grainy footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment