Thursday 25 February 2016

Music Video - Draft 4



For the fourth draft I took in criticism  and applied it to my work, I further evaluated it myself and proceeded to improve the video. Within this draft I had changed several of the clips with colour correction to make the background darker to create a stronger contrast between black and white, because I wanted to still maintain the Filmnoir style. 

Around 00:09 I decided to lighten the left character to even out the tone within the shot because I felt that the it made the shot blend together seamlessly. I further adjusted the muzzle flashes and lightened the frames when they go off to integrate them further in the scene. In addition to brightening the the muzzle flashes I made the aspect ratio bars a pure white instead of grey to establish a clear boundary. I further re-keyed the the blood to match the body's movement better and I added motion blur to match the blur of the movement.
To add an intertexual reference towards the platform I added jumpcuts that zoom into the shots because this is what vloggers, it further adds variety and avoids the problem of one shot being too long. The skeleton was re- corrected to stop it having the bits of black the made it seem fuzzy, this was due to dodgy colour keys. I also increased the volume on the sound effects within the sound track so that they stand out int the track, this includes the guns, lightsabers and screams. Lastly I used crossfades to smoothen the transitions and gunshots within the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment