Wednesday 20 January 2016

Colour - [Correction Grading]


The colours in my music videos are highly important because it really helps set the tone and style of my work. Even though I am using black and white to create harsh chiaroscuro shadows I think that the colour grading is still important because by adjusting them they change the tones of the blacks and whites. This means that I will actually colour grade before I put the black and white in because I want to make sure that the colours not being there don't take away from the experience but instead add to it. Within colour correction I would firstly adjust the colours at opposite ends of the colours spectrum, mainly focussing on the blues and reds. This is because i know from my knowledge of working on the film opening last year that these colours are the main two to make something cinematic. I would then further adjust contrast, tones and brightness to add depth and draw out certain colours or tones. This would give me my base of colours to focus on, I would then look at adding a grade over the colours which help add depth and stylise the films look and tone. I would either use the tools given in Premiere or After Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment