Tuesday 16 June 2015

Final Thoughts on Briefs


Brief 1: Music Video

A promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video, no longer than five minutes duration, together with:
  • A cover for its release as part of a digipack (CD/DVD package)
  • A magazine advertisement for the digipack (CD/DVD package)
The music video is probably the most appealing to me because it is what I wanted to do even before AS, however in my research I have found out that this brief is most likely the mist challenging in terms of digital promotion packs and prep. Furthermore actually finding a song is a challenge because of copyright and finding the genre I want. However me being me, this is what I love about. I love the fact its a challenge because it gives me opportunities to challenge myself as a content creator in order to create something new. In addition to this I do think that I have the necessary skills in order to create the digital promotional pack that represents the artist well. The music video is defiantly something that I want to do but it will  be a challenge so I will look at the other briefs, which are more in my comfort zone.

Brief 3: Television and Radio Advert

An advertising package for a new product or service, to include two TV advertisements, together with
  • a TV programme sponsorship sequence
  • a radio advertisement
To start with I thought that the television advert would be the one that doesn't appeal to me because it requires much less of a challenge compared to the others. The reason I thought this is because it only consists of two 10 second adverts. However after extensive research into what makes a good advert I found that adverts have to achieve a lot in a short space of time. This is why I may consider it because it requires to get certain information across to the audience while entertaining them, all in ten seconds. Due to this being more of a challenge than I thought I am considering to do this. I think that I have the necessary skills in order to create a series professional adverts that have the consistent layout audiences would recognize.

Brief 10: Short Film

A short film in its entirety, lasting approximately five minutes, which may be live action or animation or a combination of both, together with:

  • a poster for the film
  • a film magazine review page featuring the film
The short film has always been appealing to me especially because of the recent work in AS. I would love to make a high quality film that would really capture the same effect of a professionally made short film. On the other hand I would be daunted by the challenge of doing it all myself, this is because on the last project I had a group. The group allowed tasks to be spread out between members and this meant I could think about the film instead of other tasks.  This has put me off making a short film because I need a group to help me, just to spread the amount of tasks and challenges I will encounter. I would consider this brief because I do enjoy making short films and would love to make another.



No comments:

Post a Comment