Wednesday 9 March 2016

After Effects - The Blood Problem

 The blood effect that wanted to achieve did work through premiere until I tried exporting it. I tried many different ways to solve the problem but in the end I decided it was best to just build the effect up again on after effects using previous clips as reference. The problem was to do with the formating of the footage in H264 so I overcame this by rendering in a different format that could still be imported into premiere. To further make sure this same problem didn't occur I used a variety of different blood splat effects, which replaced the one that I had been using before.




Using the previous versions as reference I created an improved version as after effects allowed for a lot more options when blending the effect. I further duplicated every effect I used so that I could have a variety of colours like reds and whites to give it an abnormal but stylistic look.

I then used a mask and adjustment layer to feather out the edges of the blood so that it blends better with the overall scene. I did this because it really helped sell the impact of the bullet with the blood looking like it went everywhere instead of just stopping. I also used the same technique of keyframing in the movement of the blood to match the point of impact, I further added motion blur to match the movement of the camera.

Then within premiere I wanted to create a much more detailed sound design to help the audience follow the movement of the bullet. I used hollywood sounds such as 'whooshes' to help create the sound of a traveling bullet, which are then mixed with some boosted blood sounds I had. These would all then be integrated within the soundtrack and will help create a narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment