Tuesday 22 March 2016

Digipak - Draft 4



This latest design has taken the orange light beams into the typography of the text, this adds a flowing line that contrasts the harshness of the 'metal' text. The text itself is a parody of the Battlefield text that the song is wrote about. In addition to the text I aslo took the colour of the orange and applied it to the outline of the title, this also was included in the eye of the character. Due to my audience wanted for the album cover to be brighter, so I upped the blues to a more vibrant electric blue. The blue was taken directly form the battlefield poster, which makes the intertexual reference more subtly compared to a straight up parody. Finally I toughed up the edges of the mask making the grey patches not as visible to the viewer, this makes the black and white stand out. Overall I am happy with the results of this final cover, I feel that I have applied different layers of inspiration to create something new. Furthermore I have used my audience feedback to improve my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment