Friday 4 March 2016

Music Video - Draft 5



This draft focussed more on the end half of the music video, I wanted to retain the pacing that was present within the first half of the video. The reason I began focussing on this is because within my focus groups; discussion with my peers and teachers most people commented on the pace dropping off towards the end thirty seconds. 

This version also improved on some of the VFX for example in draft 4 I noticed that my hand at 00:10 was cut off and ruined the realism so in this version I key framed in the crop to match the movement.

 Another rather big addition was the return of the 'Trebor mints' shot at 00:13, which everyone loved from my original drafts (test shots) so I decided to continue with that theme but slightly change in the sense that the whole movement of the mints would look like an advertisement, with the slightly canted angle. Throughout the video there were moments where I hit the camera but at 00:50 I thought that it had to be cut because the transition wouldn't work as well as the others, this lead to the shot being cut early and forming a different transition.

The blood effects have been adjusted to a more pure white because I felt that the slight red tint made it look more like pink paint, this is most noticeable at 1:22. To further tighten up the 'yoga shot' I increased the contrast and darkened the background in order to make the two shots blend together smoother at 1:26. 

The skeleton was cut two a shorter shot because according to my focus group it ruined the pacing slightly because it went on for too long, a solution I might explore is putting the skeleton in other parts of the video as well for a short period of time. However I did cut the shot down and moved the camera closer to him to avoid him not having arms at 1:33. 

The next shot is one that I will probably reshoot or adjust the editing because at 1:37 because the shot I think ruins the music video so I will be looking into how to change or replace it. However I did improve the next shot at 1:43 because I added some crazy fire effects to add variety and impact, the reason for this is because within the industry of rap music they often refer to their lyrics as 'fire' if they're good.

Another aspect I added for variety is the slight 'mirror' effect when the lyrics talk about the "digital illusion" this is because I wanted to again reference grim rap music while maintaining the digital theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment