Tuesday 29 September 2015

Initial Ideas - Conflict Mindmap



For my music video I wanted to relate the song and the lyrics so that they work in unison to provide entertainment for my audience. This is because I found that in my survey people prefer the music video to be relating to the lyrics of the song because they it helps them connect visually with the soundtrack. Due to my song choice being a fast passed rap, I knew that I would have to make a fast paced video for it. This would mean that I would have to have fast cuts between a variety of different scenes, which makes it hard to tell a narrative. This means that I will have to create a narrative hybrid because I want to h be able to have the fast cuts of a performance music video while maintaining the story of a narrative music video. In order to achieve this I will be using the first minute or so to set up my story and interlink the performance in the narrative. 

To start my planning I wanted to look at a topic that related to the lyrics so that I definitely made a video surrounding the song, this would make sure that the video is linked with the lyrics. I proceeded then it make a mind map focussing on conflict because in feel that this can link to many ideas while still keeping the links to the song. The words that I felt were important to the development of my idea I highlighted as possible ideas to explore. My initial ideas that stemmed from this included one focussing on war and soldiers,  this would mean that I would have too place my character in war driven situations. I am not sure if I would be able to technically speaking pull this off because of my low budget but it is a topic that would be interesting to explore.

Another idea I had looked at more of a bullying approach to conflict idea, this will allow for the film to be relatable to both sides of my target audience. This is because at some point in everyones life people have experienced or seen bullying, mist commonly in school. This has lead me to think about setting my narrative in a school because it is technically possible and easily accessible for me. I want to use the words from this mind map and my audience responses to construct my first storyboard for the music video. This would then allow me to construct a shoot plan including: Test plans, Animatic, Shotlist and Edit decision list. By doing this I can make sure that I am  prepared for every shoot and do not waste time.

No comments:

Post a Comment