Thursday 24 September 2015

Survey Analysis - Audience Research [Part Two]



I had to cut out some questions because they didn't fit. I wanted to find out in this question if people watch the music video only for the first time they find the song or if they found the song because of the music video. I wanted to see if people see the music video as one with the song or they see it as a separate form of entertainment. The most popular answer was "Sometimes" which tells me that people expect the music video to be able to work in unison with the music. However some people obviously are not interested in the video, maybe because they see it as a distraction. If I was to do this again or make another one I would want to add an option to make a comment saying their option on music videos.




Another question I asked was to do with genre, this was because I wanted to find out what genre is the most popular in my target audience. I want to identify the genre that is most popular within my target audience because I can then cross over conventions from that genre in order to make my music video although from a different genre more enjoyable for those viewers. Now my results showed that there is some variation to my audiences favourite genre however it is clear to see that pop is the most popular by far. This means that I will look into conventions of pop videos and some of the other popular genres like pop in order to see if there are any conventions that appeal for me to use in my video.




The next question I asked in my survey was to do with where my target go to watch the music videos because this will help me decide which form of distribution I will choose. Furthermore it will help me understand where different ages go to view their entertainment. Youtube would be the most popular because of the huge worldwide audiences it entertains, furthermore it is where the top artists post their music videos making it the a very well known place for music videos.
The fact that the television is nearly as popular shows that I should defiantly make sure that there is a version that MTV etc would air. Or I have to be prepared to let the television company censor it.


I then asked if the user of the survey to tell me about what their expectations were of youtube videos, I have to go over all the results in order to get a good understanding of my audiences expectations. This is important to research this before production so that I don't make a production for the wrong audience and have to change it. Lastly I asked for their favourite music video to look at and analyse for research.





No comments:

Post a Comment