Tuesday 8 September 2015

Where am I? - Progress Tracker [Research]


To keep on track towards my goal I will be blogging about my progress in these blogs, which I will call my 'Progress Tracker'. This will cover my research and planning checklist.

Firstly I have chosen my brief after researching all of my options and have come to the decision of a music video. I chose the brief because I see it as the most challenging but still possible when it comes to creating it by myself. I wanted to challenge my knowledge of film making by looking into abstract forms of media; music videos are the best form of abstract media for me because it still holds conventions upon which I can either defy or follow. This allows for guidance while still creating an abstract art form.

To progress from my last project I have included a link to my previous blog so that I can look at what I did badly and improve on it so that this music video can be an improved compared to the work from last year. I further want to use other peoples analyses of music videos as a secondary source for information. This will allow for me to gain other opinions therefore I will have an idea of how critics would react to my media product compared to the general public.

I further wanted to improve my understanding of music videos by researching the different conventions and genres within music video production. I looked at a lot of rap music because I wanted to gain a vast understanding of the conventions within that genre because it reflects the type of music I will be using. However I haven't yet begun to research the creation of Digi-packs which I need to do in order to understand what they include and what I have to do. However I am confident with my Photoshopping ability so I am sure I can pull off a professional look.  Furthermore I need to look into album covers because in order to have professional look I have to have a convincing album cover that represents my artist. To research this I will be looking at albums covers and analysing common conventions within rap.

Although I have identified several problems before starting I would want to do this throughout the process in separate blog posts so I can solve the problem before it arises. This can smooth out the process because I wont have to worry as much about technical aspects allowing me to be focused on the creation. However I will have to research into regulations and restrictions when it comes to producing this music video. I will have to research in age certificates possibly make an 'Explicit' version and a 'Censored' version. Furthermore there will be challenges of where I can film and who.

To understand fully how my audience will receive my product I will be posting questionnaires to gain primary research about music videos they have seen and my music video ideas. This will also allow me to find a target audience which can influence the process of an 'Explicit' version. To understand how other students went about the process and see what they created I will look at their blogs and how they went about their tasks like the digipack and further research their final product in depth.





No comments:

Post a Comment