Friday 11 September 2015

The Horrors - "She is the new thing" [Performance Music Video]



The Horrors - "She is the new thing" is a music video I have researched because of the style it is. The video is a performance based music video purely focusing in the band. These videos usually consist of the artist on stage performing however I was interested in how the creators used VFX to keep the idea fresh and visually pleasing. This is why I would love to master a greenscreen; it opens a vast amount of options in creating something visually interesting. I will be looking at creating scenes in which my arist performs however the character will be replacing the artist. This is where I want to bring in the idead of creating a hybrid between narrative music videos and performance ones.

The use of VFX in the video set the tone and style by making the video seem gritty. This is important to me when creating my music video because I want to capture the tone of my artist. The editors created used the colour black to depict the band, this links with the Gothic tone of the video. The rang of creatures such as spider, crows and wolfs are all related to the idea of danger and death. This linked with the bold red of the blood shows denotes the band as Gothic rock. This is a perfect example of how the music video links closely to the audio and this is what I want to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment