Wednesday 16 September 2015

London Gallery - Music Videos


Over the holidays for research I decided to visit galleries to see what other directors and producers of music videos created in their work. I wanted to see if they followed the conventions of commercial music videos or followed an abstract path.

This was because I want to create a hybrid between these visually because of the hybrid genre that my artist works within.  I found Andrew Thomas Shauang, he created a 360 degrees music video in which the viewer can follow the artist round the space. I found this incredible in terms of technique but when looking into doing it myself it was expensive and would be far out of budget.
(http://www.andrewthomashuang.com/Films.htm)



I further found BrthrFilms, this really appealed to me because it had an opening narrative. This opening narrative of a child is very gripping. The use of the VFX was incredible and defiantly added to the abstract feel. The use of colours further pushed the idea of imagination with the child while connoting a much darker meaning. The narrative shows the influence of media within children in our society of today. I wanted to take some of the narrative structure for this music video and apply it to my music video; creating a digital and abstract feel and being visually interesting.



http://www.brthrfilms.com/portfolio/

No comments:

Post a Comment