Wednesday 23 September 2015

Survey Analysis - Audience Research [Part One]



To research my potential target audience I wanted to get around 100 people to take a quick survey. I wanted the survey to focus on who watched music videos and which ones were the viewers favourite. I created the survey expecting to only achieve half because of my limited resources, however after spending an evening on social media I managed to exceed my own expectations and the survey limits. The survey couldn't be too long because I didn't want to take to much of the users time.
It is important for me to know who is filling in my survey. If the survey targets a specific audience, it allows you to determine whether you are actually reaching your target audience and whether or not you are gathering the information you are effectively seeking. Furthermore, if I want to aim for a representative sample of a population, knowing the distribution of the demographic characteristics of my users will help me in determining how close the sample replicates the current market.



The first question I asked was the users age, the reason for this is so I can determine the range of ages within my audience and who I should be appealing to. The results were much more vast than I had anticipated, I thought that the results would only show that young teens to adults would be answering because of the fact that the survey is online. These results have shown that my survey has managed to target middle aged viewers and teenagers mainly. I am glad that this has happened because it allows me to see the clear distinction between the internet generation and the television generation. Furthermore it showed that more of an gap than I first considered when it comes to music videos.
















No comments:

Post a Comment