Thursday 10 September 2015

Regulations and Restrictions - Censorship


Censorship is the suppression of  information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions. Due to me being my own media outlet this give me the power to choose how censored my work will be with in reason. The reason I want to research this before I start because I don't want to have to cut out scenes that have taken time to make, due to them falling under the highlighted categories. Furthermore my artists aim isn't to shock his listeners but more to entertain. I don't think that including controversial issues is going to benefit my artists image. However I will most likely include violence because of the subject matter I have chosen to link with the music: Conflict. This does mean I may have to consider looking into an explictic version.


Age cetificats are beocoming more common for music videos because of the abstract concepts and ideas, which at the momment are open to anyone. I want to research this because of the ideas presented in my video and I want to make it sharable. 

"Censorship may be direct or it may be indirect, in which case it is called soft censorship. It occurs in a variety of different media, including speech, books, music, films, and other arts, the press, radio, television, and the Internet" - merriam-webster.com 





No comments:

Post a Comment